1. Veggie Percy Pigs;
If you're outside the UK or Irelandthen you might not be formiliar with these but they're ...actually quite hard to explain.. They're just sweet, chewy jellies that I've always LOVED. Beyond delighted that there's a no gelatin version! You can get them form any Marks & Spencers for about €2.50.
2. Skittles/ Starburst;
A cinema staple in my books! These have been childhood favourites of mine that I still buy from time to time!
3. Clif / Trek / Nakd Bars:
A vegans or gym freaks fave, these are awesome sources of good protein and nutrients. Definietly more on the healthy side but they're still yum and great snacks to bring to work or college.
4. Doritos-Lightly Salted, Chili Heatwave;
More on the smelly side, these make for great movie night snacks. I'd also recommend trying these Doritos with salted popcorn-sounds a little weird if youve never tried it before but honestly, it's the best thing just try it!
5. Aldi's Dark Chocolate Digestives;
I was buzzing to see that these were vegan and if you're thinking "ew, no I hate dark chocolate"-don't. The chocolate hasn't got a high percentage of cocao so it isn't too rich.
6. Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake:
Replace the added eggs with flax or chia seeds that have been mixed in water and set aside until gloopy and use almond/coconut/hazelnut/soy/oat/rice/hemp or any other plant milk you can find.
7. Lotus Biscuit spread:
A great alternative to Nutella!
A standard one for most. A must try with hazelnut or almond milk!
9. Aldi Mango/ Raspberry Sorbet;
Perfect coming up to Summer! Don't forget you can also blend frozen bananas with any fruit to make a more creamy ice cream.
10. Tesco Jelly Beans;
Awesome alternative to the gelatin filled jellies that are everywhere but be warned, I often feel sick after eating too many of them! Probably all the artificial sugar!
A few reasons why you should make a conscious effort to switch to veggie jellys and biscuits...
* You really don't need the nastiness of beef/pig or bovine gelatin in your sweets.
* Not only is cows milk unhealthy for you (thanks to the pus, hormones etc), it's not natural. Our bodies stopped producing the enzyme lactose after infancy so drinking milk isn't essential and drinking the milk of another species definitely isn't. Not to mention the artificial insemination of the cow to begin with and the seperation of mother and calf so we can use her milk. Definitely one to leave out of any recipe!
More Veg Junk...
-Cadbury Bournville Plain Chocolate
-Fry's Chocolate Cream
-Walkers: Salt& Vinegar, Ready Salted, Prawn Cocktail, Worcester Sauce.
Pringles: Original, BBQ, Paprika, Smokey Bacon
- McVitie's: Ginger Nuts, Fig Rolls, Hobnobs, Chocolate Chip Hobnobs
-Aldi cola bottles
-Aldi Mint Creme chocolate bar